• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Which ROM are you using?

I'm trying out the aptly named UltimaROM Leviathan. It's a ludicrously sized 1.3 GB and has an insane amount of options to choose from.

Its actually really good, I like the JB Domination theme and it has options for the AOSP browser (which is by far the best browser on Android) and the AOSP messaging app, a modded dialer, choice of 4 kernels, OTA updating etc.

These can all be found and flashed separately to any ROM but its nice to have it all there in the installer (which is the longest installer I've ever seen!)

Upvote 0
I've been using Omega for months now and love it.
Can say if it's better or not then Wanam lite

I'm assuming you mean "Can't say"?

If so, right. It is a subjective thing. Wanam is better for me. I found Omega bloated and full of things wanam created anyway, so I just thought "Why not go to the source?"

I also thought Omega updated to every new base when it wasn't needed. Even if there was no changes. That's kind of irrelevant now because every new base seems to have something new in it now.

I also didn't like how the Omega developer ignored my posts in his thread with a request. These were all reasons why I left and to be honest, I never looked back.

That said, it really is subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Upvote 0
as far as the issues SU was mentioning regarding indie(omega rom) not responding to his queries, thats why i like NeatRom the developer is a great guy(salesale) and will help with any modifications or anything you need(he made a custom flash-able file for me to get some features that were missing).

I have a pet hate of payed app devs who dont respond to emails so id never trust the rom of a dev' who was unresponsive even though it is free mate.
Salesale is a good guy :)

Upvote 0
I was on Omega for the first months of s3 ownership. the thread is always at the top, so all new users inevitably go there first and whilst there is nothing wrong with Omega, it is just a standard sammy ROM and there are many others. I've noticed that salesale (neatrom) does respond to most if not all queries/requests and provide personalised flashable zips...

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you mean "Can't say"?

If so, right. It is a subjective thing. Wanam is better for me. I found Omega bloated and full of things wanam created anyway, so I just thought "Why not go to the source?"

I also thought Omega updated to every new base when it wasn't needed. Even if there was no changes. That's kind of irrelevant now because every new base seems to have something new in it now.

I also didn't like how the Omega developer ignored my posts in his thread with a request. These were all reasons why I left and to be honest, I never looked back.

That said, it really is subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Yes i did mean "Can't" :(:(

I must get around to trying Wanam I only hear good things about it.

Pep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones