• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Wifi not working, Can I downgrade?

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S3 yesterday on 4.1.1 and then I removed the root and it was fine.

Today, I updated my phone to 4.1.2 via kies and when I tried to connect to Wifi it wouldn't work and I get "Authentication Error Occurred"

Could I download 4.1.1 and put it onto my device via Odin?

I'm new to this, please help.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum xSaxby.

I'm guessing it will be the wifi settings from your old firmware interfering with the new. The first thing I'd try would be forgetting the connection and then reconnecting. If that fails I'd factory reset the phone. If you don't already have all your apps backed up from your previous root, root again and back them up first. Then only restore user apps and data after the reset.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum xSaxby.

I'm guessing it will be the wifi settings from your old firmware interfering with the new. The first thing I'd try would be forgetting the connection and then reconnecting. If that fails I'd factory reset the phone. If you don't already have all your apps backed up from your previous root, root again and back them up first. Then only restore user apps and data after the reset.

Thanks for your reply!

I've done all of this and it's still happening..

Could I downgrade with Odin back to 4.1.1?

I don't want the phone to be rooted..

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones