1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Internet Connection Abroad

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jumper1127, May 31, 2011.

1. jumper1127

jumper1127 Newbie
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    Since I have to stay abroad for several month, I bought an unlock code online to unlock my Inspire 4G. Now I can use a SIM card from a carrier other than AT&T abroad.

I chose the unlock code because I wanted to preserve the warranty. I did not root my phone.

Now I'm in China and using a SIM card from CMCC, which is a local carrier. I was trying to use GPRS to access the Internet, but it didn't work. Someone told my since Inspire 4G was exclusively sold by AT&T, it had more restrictions than a normal Desire HD/G10.

I will be in Germany for several months and I need another SIM card. I was wondering whether I could use data service there provided by O2. If not, I will simply buy a card to make phone calls and send messages.

Advertisement

2. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Chicago
    You just need the GPRS settings for the sim that's currently in the phone. So, if you want to use data with CMCC sim or your Germany sim, etc. Just go to settings and enter the appropriate APN settings. You should be able to get the settings from each carrier via their website or so.

Currently, the phone has only the AT&T settings and that's selected as the current default. So, just enter the appropriate one and select it as the default.