• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet Connection and 4G LTE

donnajay

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
I have looked through many posts but I do not see this unless its buried down deep.

I have a S6 Edge through AT&T.

I have noticed in the last month that I am connected to the internet and I am still seeing the 4G LTE Icon.

When I go to the Wi-Fi icon, it says its connected, but I am noticing that the on the bar that says "on" after watching it for a long time goes back and forth with the search circling BUT it still says connected.

I have tried what I saw on another post, by going to the top right menu and hitting advanced. It says to "uncheck smart search" or something to that effect. I do not even see that as an option.

This is happening on any internet connection. When I am home I have 2 router connections and optimum one. It does it on all. When I am at work, I can connect to my work wifi (WITHOUT 4GLTE) but we get kicked off every 20 minutes and it auto connects to Optimum ( I have it set up that way with Optimum). This was NEVER an issue before... Now once it rolls to another Internet it starts the 4G LTE problem.

I am finding the spinning search circle and connection sporadically in places that I have never had a problem connecting to prior. The phone is up to date in software. I have tried to turn on and off.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
Thank you,
Donna

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones