• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet connection dropping on wifi

Hawker

Android Expert
Aug 2, 2011
UK
www.celica.talktalk.net
She who must be obeyed has a Note (N7000) which has been working without issues for almost 2 years, but over this last week it's developed an internet/wifi connection drop-out issue.

See thread

I know it's for an N7000, but searching this can be a generic problem for any device, and I would appreciate it if any boffs here in S4's-ville may have any suggestions, as I'm at a loss.

Cheers me dears.

What kind of router, and what bands are you connecting on? 2.4 or 5ghz?

We purchased a 2.4Ghz baby monitor about a year or so, and noticed it absolutely kills 2.4Ghz Internet speed to a dead crawl when the camera is on. Luckily for us I just moved everything to 5Ghz as it was a dual band router.

Unlucky for the next door neighbor who has no clue what is going on, and I can hear swearing up a storm over Internet not working while sitting in the driveway.

(We are renting a house, and have loud and obnoxious neighbors, so I don't mind giving back a little frustration to them)

For all you know, something new close by may be powered on and causing issues.

Reactions: Hawker
Upvote 0
I've run a wifi analyser, and nothing is interfering with it.

Its odd that it works on her work's router, which suggests a router problem, but it's even odder as I've not changed the router's config since I installed it about 2 years ago, and there's never been an issue with this handset until last week, and all other devices connecting to the router work fine.

More fiddling tonight coming up....
:D

Upvote 0
Not sure to be honest.
I've tried lots of different tweaks on the router but made no difference. (channels, frequencies, encryption, etc etc.)

Its just really odd that its only started happening on this router this last week or so, with nothing being altered on the router, and apparently no alterations on the device. Almost 2 years went by on it without any wifi issues.

Even a factory reset didnt cure it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones