• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet Connection

timetoroot

Jul 13, 2011
Ohio
I am sure this is a dumb question but I need an internet connection on my WiFi network to stream since I have to turn on WiFi on my phone and therefore cannot use my phone data correct? I recently got rid of my home internet service so I wanted to see if it was still possible to use chromecast without. Thank you.

Im certainly no expert..... since I only got my CC at Xmas....... but 1 possible way (or maybe not) might be to use one of the many apps that skirt hotspot detection by turning your device into a router setup for hotspots.... this would work as it would make the hotspot the network..... of course you would need a 2nd device..... like an old phone or something to also connect to the network to use as the controller....... the hotspot/router device wont be on the network

Reactions: timetoroot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones