1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Parsley19, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Parsley19

Parsley19 Lurker

Hi from a newbie. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem. I've just upgraded from a Galaxy S3 mini to a new (full size) S3. My new phone has difficulty in connecting to the internet via my wi-fi. The "old" phone, my laptop and my Kindle Fire HD have no problems connecting but every time I try to use the S3 it comes up with "Internet connection is too slow"

Any ideas please as to how to sort it out. No visitors have a problem and I have BT Broadband fibre optic connectivity.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Have you tried resetting the Wi-Fi router? - turn off the power for about 20 seconds. Because that can sometimes be a cause of funky Wi-Fi issues like this.

3. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast

You are getting "internet connection is too slow" because your wireless router is right at the limit when it comes to bandwidth, meaning you have to many people connecting to your router which is saturating the airlink between your phone and the router.

4. Parsley19

Parsley19 Lurker

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will try both and report back - hopefully on a positive note!!

5. Parsley19

Parsley19 Lurker

Well success at last. Tried all your suggestions to no avail so I contacted O2 (my provider). Very helpful advisor took me through a series of options and the one that worked was to switch off wi-fi, disable mobile Data and then switch it all back on. Problem solved. Perhaps this may help others, hope so. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews