1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internet connectivity problems in airport

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AmazingTrans, Dec 22, 2011.

1. AmazingTrans

AmazingTrans Lurker

Hi everybody,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket. I am currently in dayton airport and they offer free wireless internet. If i am using a laptop, i connect to the wireless network, and then go to a browser and the browser will forward me to their main link to accept terms and agreement. I have to click login, and viola i am connected.

But for the android on the other hand, when i conenct to the network, and i head to the browser, the browser just shows web page not available. I entered the same exact ip address that was on my pc browser:for eg: 10.79.1.1:8000. I manage to go to the same initial webpage as my laptop, but when i click login, i get web page not available again.

How do i solve this problem as i travel a lot in airports and i want to use airport internet?

Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vracer

vracer Newbie

Was your wifi enabled?

3. rtg

rtg Newbie

This is probably too late to help today but I found a similar problem and tracked it down to the fact that Skyrocket was not performing the DHCP request and response correctly. To solve this I turned off the phone and restarted. That seemed to fix the problem.

The problem for me was that phone would connect to my wireless network and going to the browser did as you described it, indicated page not found. I then noticed that the IP address it showed for my wireless network was not on the correct sub-net. Forgetting the network and then reconnecting did not solve the problem. Only shutting down and restarting resolved the issue. I don't know what caused it. However, this same issue occurred with my wife's Skyrocket as well. Could be my network setup but none of the other 7+ wireless devices I have show any problem with the DHCP request and response on this network.

FWIW,

Rob

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews