1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

internet crash 'unfortunately internet has stopped' after android4.0.3 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevey279, Apr 22, 2012.

1. stevey279

stevey279 Lurker

hi there

my samsung s2 updated today to andeoid 4.0.3 and it adked me to sync my internet to my google account. No everytime I try to access the internet it crashes, I get a blank screen and it says 'unfortunately the internet has stopped: and goes back to the home screen. I've tried all sorts. Any help to resolve would be very gratefully received. Many thanks.

It seems to work fine with firefox but possibly issues with Google????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dksmoove

dksmoove Newbie

Is this AT&T SGS2? B/c Mine didn't get an update..

3. stevey279

stevey279 Lurker

hi there

no it's a British provider called Virgin. I couldn't find the appropriate thread group fot UK android phones, sorry.

it looks like it's a problem with google or google chrome which is my home page on the ibternet. Works fine with firefox but wanted to solve this phone issue. Been through settings and no idea what the issue could be.

Many thanks

4. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Look for the Galaxy SII (International) thread.

j510 likes this.
  5. namaha100

namaha100 Lurker

I have the same problem. I am also with Virgin in the UK. I upgraded from the Virgin site through the phone's Firmware upgrade software . I tried Firefox unsuccessfully but Opera Mobile seems to work fine. I would like to fix the problem and be able to connect to Internet via Google.

6. portsider

portsider Newbie

Unfortunately, the U.S carrier updates probably won't happen until well after the GS3 has been released. 'Why give you the milk, when they can make you buy the cow'. Fortunately, thanks to root and Cyanogenmod 9, my GS2 has been running ICS (4.0.4) for just under 2 months now, and is running fantastic.

7. dksmoove

dksmoove Newbie

Sucks because T-Mobile just rolled out official ICS on their Samsung devices

8. j510

j510 Member

Not in u.s.

9. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Android Enthusiast

I've been having connectivity issues with AT&T lately. Seems like its having issues synching with the AT&T network, after I disconnect from my home network. Couple of days ago, I had left the house... drove a couple miles to Sonic, went to check something on my phone and it wouldn't send/receive any data... even though the up/down arrows were visible, for data connection. I tried rebooting, no luck. This has happened more than a few times, over the last month or so. One day I checked and it had turned off packet data, by itself (I rarely go into the Network settings, as they're all set up already... so I certainly didn't do it).

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews