1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Internet error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sas, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Sas

Sas Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    Hello, I am having trouble with my cache or cookies which affects all browsers I have - Internet, chrome, Firefox. One website seems to be always showing me as being offline. There is a funny face at the corner making me suspect that there is hijacking. I get the normal website on my PCM as well as iPad mini. But with Samsung galaxies mini, I cannot get rid of this. I deleted the history, cache, cookies and all personal data on all 3 browsers. But still get the same. I am desperate. What to do??

I am with Vodafone.

Advertisement

2. beerwolf

beerwolf Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    try re-installing browser & maybe just use 1 on the fone, do you have any firewall/anti-virus installed...

3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    It might be aggressive advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush, Leadbolt etc. and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

This thread's first post by Hadron could help you to catch the culprit app ...
    Push Advertising

When you've found the culprit app (eg. with Lookout's Ad Network Detector) and uninstalled it you've have to restore the default home pages of your browsers ... or even re-install the browsers as beerwolf said already.

Harry

beerwolf likes this.
  4. Sas

Sas Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
  5. Sas

Sas Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    Thanks. I had re-installed all browsers - Firefox, chrome and Internet. Several times actually after deleting all data inc cache. But it keeps repeating.

I did not have anti virus but have now installed lookout. Thanks for that tip!

6. Sas

Sas Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    I am still trying to figure out which app. Read the article. Tried 1-2 options could not find the culprit app as yet. Will keep trying. In the meantime i switched notifications in all apps. I hope that will not be a problem?

Here is my specific problem. The website I am trying for s Auronet. What I have been getting since several days on the Samsung is the info that the site is offline. I copied the following logo from there which obviously seems to be a diverted website - http://www.auroville.org.in/themes/garland/minnelli/logo.png
    If there are any suggestions how to specifically deal with this, I would appreciate the pointers.

7. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I think I know the answer :)

On my phone I got the web site when I ticked Menu, Request desktop site.
    With the (default) view for mobile devices I got this maintenance site too.

So this web site's mobile site is offline because of maintenance while their desktop site for PCs is running :)

Harry

Sas likes this.
  8. Sas

Sas Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    No, this website has no mobile site. Besides I can access the website from my ipad mini - which should also be the same site. This is a hijack or divert. But why should it be on all browsers on the same smartphone? Could be that it is in some common memory which needs to be deleted. And I don't understand tech stuff.

But hey, I did get the website too with the PC site option!!! Thanks! :)))