• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet error

Sas

Lurker
Aug 7, 2013
Hello, I am having trouble with my cache or cookies which affects all browsers I have - Internet, chrome, Firefox. One website seems to be always showing me as being offline. There is a funny face at the corner making me suspect that there is hijacking. I get the normal website on my PCM as well as iPad mini. But with Samsung galaxies mini, I cannot get rid of this. I deleted the history, cache, cookies and all personal data on all 3 browsers. But still get the same. I am desperate. What to do??

I am with Vodafone.

It might be aggressive advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush, Leadbolt etc. and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

This thread's first post by Hadron could help you to catch the culprit app ...
Push Advertising

When you've found the culprit app (eg. with Lookout's Ad Network Detector) and uninstalled it you've have to restore the default home pages of your browsers ... or even re-install the browsers as beerwolf said already.

Harry

Reactions: beerwolf
Upvote 0
I am still trying to figure out which app. Read the article. Tried 1-2 options could not find the culprit app as yet. Will keep trying. In the meantime i switched notifications in all apps. I hope that will not be a problem?

Here is my specific problem. The website I am trying for s Auronet. What I have been getting since several days on the Samsung is the info that the site is offline. I copied the following logo from there which obviously seems to be a diverted website - http://www.auroville.org.in/themes/garland/minnelli/logo.png
If there are any suggestions how to specifically deal with this, I would appreciate the pointers.

Upvote 0
No, this website has no mobile site. Besides I can access the website from my ipad mini - which should also be the same site. This is a hijack or divert. But why should it be on all browsers on the same smartphone? Could be that it is in some common memory which needs to be deleted. And I don't understand tech stuff.

But hey, I did get the website too with the PC site option!!! Thanks! :)))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones