1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elaikenn628, Aug 4, 2013.

1. elaikenn628

elaikenn628 Lurker

Hi everyone I have just joined as I have just been given a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for my retirement present.

I have a couple of questions Can I use windows explorer and a desktop explorer on it, and can anyone recommend a good free to use security software.

Thanks

Ken

Advertisement

2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Unless you obtain its source code and compile it to be available on Android, nope...

There are a lot of file explorers available in the Playstore though... But Windows Explorer... Nope

3. elaikenn628

elaikenn628 Lurker

Thanks for the info and I thought I would ask.

4. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

I use ES Explorer - recommended by other forum members - and have been very happy with it. More robust and (I think) easier to use than the native My Files. It's free at the play store (linked above) so give it a whirl!

You'll love your Note!

5. Calc

Calc Member

Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are two different things, the first is a web browser and the other is a file system browser. Which one do you need? You can't use either on Android but there are native Android alternatives which are better (security wise and more..) than the original.

6. elaikenn628

elaikenn628 Lurker

I would like to use windows explorer more than internet explorer as I found it useful. also is there a good free internet security and can we get photos on the desktop.

7. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

May I ask how old you are and what's your experience with computers so far?

8. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

I've always used lookout security.

9. elaikenn628

elaikenn628 Lurker

For your info Iam 81 years old and have a little experience with a lap tpp

10. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Android Expert

Avast is a great antivirus software, it is a free app. You might like to try that, no commitments. As far as browsers go, you might want to give Dolphin browser or Puffin browsers a go. Both have a lot of great features and are easy to use.

11. Stepheninkent

Stepheninkent Member