1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Internet goes offline

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by levy99, Dec 20, 2011.

1. levy99

levy99 Lurker

Without notice I lose Internet connectivity and the 3g/4G symbol goes away though the phone is not connected to any Wifi. A reboot gets the 3G/4G to return along with Internet connectivity.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. se22

se22 Lurker

This marks the second time this month that Verizon's data network has been down. Verizon customers were hit by intermittent outages on December 6, but that one affected primarily 4G users. The carrier took about a day and a half to fix that glitch.

Verizon suffers data outage across the U.S. | Digital Media - CNET News

First heard about it on CBS Network Radio, CNET is also owned by CBS.

Here in NJ, no 4G, limited 3g, usually have to restart (i.e.reboot) to get 3G
    for a while. Dec 6 outage 3G would last 2 minutes or less,
    today 3G seems to last around 1/2 hour

I also see the clock on the main menu has the current time super-imposed above 7:56 in the background. That is probably when I rebooted the phone and got 3G data for a few minutes. Only the current time appears on the Screen saver(puzzle).

3. rmm2112

rmm2112 Lurker

We were thinking it was our phone -- my wife just got it and with the phone being new, we weren't sure if was us, the phone or what --- sounds like it was on verizon's end - we had this same problem on the 20th as well.

4. NOOBY

NOOBY Newbie

Actually, I have found that I lose 4G/3G quite routinely. Normally I am able to get it back by pulling down the drop-down menu, turning off mobile data, then turning it back on.

Though it's nice that the fix is rather simple, I'm a little peeved at this persistent bug.

5. The next update we get will be aiming to fix this issue.... whenever it comes out.

Samsung Stratosphere Forum

The Samsung Stratosphere release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews