• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet goes on and off

I had the same issue, and it was due to too much crappy software accessing the internet in the background. Why they are written to do this I don't know. So what I did was delete them one by one, and not only did my Samsung get faster, but the internet and gps became more stable.

The worst culprit was Weatherbug Elite Locator.

Get rid of that crap you downloaded from the Market you hardly use, trust me.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, and it was due to too much crappy software accessing the internet in the background. Why they are written to do this I don't know. So what I did was delete them one by one, and not only did my Samsung get faster, but the internet and gps became more stable.

The worst culprit was Weatherbug Elite Locator.

Get rid of that crap you downloaded from the Market you hardly use, trust me.

How do you delete market applications?

Upvote 0
How do you delete market applications?

Hi, do the following....

Go to -> Settings -> Applications -> manage applications

"Manage Applications" will generate a list of programs you've downloaded and installed. Click on any you do not use often, and another screen should appear with the stats for that particular program. On that stats page should be the option to uninstall or clear the cache - choose your rememdy.

Please all, keep in mind that alot of the software in the Market place is written by a bedroom community of programmers. I mean they're written in coffee shops, basements, bedrooms, breakrooms, garages...etc... If you think each and everyone of those programs are written by child prodigies, big corporations, men in black suits,...lol....think again - Those are far and few inbetween.

Get rid of them before you go calling your lawyer to go after Sprint.

Upvote 0
First off, the person you are responding to is confused. Moment data lockups have nothing to do with installed applications, the phone simply locks up in some scenarios. Secondly, what does losing the internet on your phone have to do with satellites? :thinking:

Enlighten us on these "some" scenerios. I'd like to see if it is repeatable with my unit. Regardless, I'm against poorly written software and poor quality, whether it be from Sprint, Samsung, Google, or the pimpled face kid next door. :eek:

(By the way, I smell politics - Hopefully, you do not see me as a roadblock regarding your goal to suing Sprint and Samsung. Just trying to help some people here).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones