1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Internet home page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gfisher23, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Gfisher23

Gfisher23 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    When I go to the internet it doesn't always go to my set home page. It will open with the last page I was on. Am I closing the connection wrong and have the internet still running?

Advertisement

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    That is the way that many, if not most, Android apps behave. (Android "trims" processes in a way that they save the last state they were in.)

If you want to quickly go to your home page, either set a bookmark for it, or do a

Menu -> New Window , or Menu -> Windows -> + (in the browser).

This will create a new browser window that loads whatever home page you have set up in the browser. After that, you can use the Menu -> Windows control to close the old window - there is a limit to the total number of browser windows you can have open.

eu1

3. After I'm finished browsing I bring up bookmarks (or "navigate" in 2.1 ROMs) and go to my home page from there. I then hit the home screen key.

4. Gfisher23

Gfisher23 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Thank you for the tips. So when I hit the return to home button it closes the connection?

5. There's no data stream even with the browser open, unless a page is loading or the website has background junk running such as a game site or junky ad with java/javascript or some polling script, "keep alive" script, etc.

However, unless you go into applications > manage applications and force close the browser by selecting it and hitting that "force close" button, the app will remain running.

I don't mind it doing that as I've noticed no significant battery drain.

6. timbuk2

timbuk2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    I can't find anything about bookmarks, accept to create one. Once I do, I can't find them or anything that mentions bookmarks. Hitting your Home Screen key closes the browser, right?