• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet is unstable

Galaxy s3 Verizon
After my phone updated to jelly bean 4.3 I get lots of internet is unstable messages. On WiFi. I can run a speed test and my numbers are way off.
I can do the same speed test with my Windows tablet and my hp laptop and my speed numbers are normal about 15 mbps. My phone shows 3to 4 mbps. Anyone seen this

I am afraid that this is something that has cropped up since JB 4.3 and hasn't happened to me before.

I had this also intermittently with various scenarios, i.e. stock ROM, stock kernel, custom ROM, stock kernel, custom ROM, custom kernel, all scenarios for two Samsung devices a Note 2 and an S3.

Currently I don't seem to have this problem, but previously the setting referred to above was always unchecked!

Upvote 0
i have gotten the same notification too since i updated last week to 4.3 and it's very frustrating since i'm just 20 feet from my router! lol i followed the above steps mentioned by oldnick and un-checked the auto networks box and restarted my phone...will see how this works. also i was told my router, which is 2 years old, may need to be updated as well so i'll check that once i get home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones