• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet on HTC Hero

vetle666

Lurker
Dec 14, 2009
Hi, im the lucky owner of a new HTC Hero. I sure like the phone, i only got one problem.

At my college, we have wifi with encryption. But i cant find out how to access the internet.

This is our encrytion:

[*]IEEE 802.1x
[*]PEAP
[*]MS-CHAP-V2

Any idea on how i can apply these settings? I have a username and password.

Thank you! Vetle

[menu] -> settings -> wi-fi settings

Either select the college network from the list and enter the encryption key when prompted, or choose 'add wi-fi network' if the SSID is hidden and fill in the form.

This wont work, i have to configure it so i can use my username and password! And it anit possible to choose the PEAP encryption, or whatever it is!

Perihelion: Hmm.. The "computer-guy" at school told me that some others with HTC had manage to get it up and going. I doubt that they were running Android though. I almost managed to do it with a friends Windows HTC, but when i was about to finish, i suddenly had to start over again and i ran out of time :(. Weird if HTC/ Google didnt included this alternative even though HTC had it on earlier phones!

I have the configuration running on my Vista x64 laptop if it could be any help. Sorry for my spelling mistakes, Norwegian guy :p

But thanks for replies!

Upvote 0
This wont work, i have to configure it so i can use my username and password! And it anit possible to choose the PEAP encryption, or whatever it is!

Perihelion: Hmm.. The "computer-guy" at school told me that some others with HTC had manage to get it up and going. I doubt that they were running Android though. I almost managed to do it with a friends Windows HTC, but when i was about to finish, i suddenly had to start over again and i ran out of time :(. Weird if HTC/ Google didnt included this alternative even though HTC had it on earlier phones!

I have the configuration running on my Vista x64 laptop if it could be any help. Sorry for my spelling mistakes, Norwegian guy :p

But thanks for replies!

Were the HTC phones that worked Windows Mobile by any chance? I could see that making the difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones