• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help internet pages get deleted

mcleod90

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
when I'm on the internet and have a page open or a few (it doesn't matter) and say I get a text and reply to the text message and when I click on the internet app my pages get deleted like the browser restarted. sometimes it will do this as soon as one hour or as long as two days. it really pisses me off when I have multiple pages open and then go back to read them only to find out they have been deleted.

I have tried the default browser, dolphin and opera they all seem to have the same problem. is there a setting I have on that can fix this problem?

It is a side effect of the memory manager reclaiming memory. Basically applications will be closed over time if they are not in use. The speed at which this happens will depend on how many other applications you open. Since web browsers use the most memory (after games), they are the first to be killed off. However, Opera should remember which tabs were open and try to reload them. At least this works for me.

Regards,
Eric Ritchie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones