1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

internet settings for Galaxy s2 on vodafone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marc.knuckle, May 21, 2011.

1. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

i just received my new SGS2 on vodafone. i called them and asked for the internet, wap and mms settings and i have followed their guide how to set it up.

when i went into market it first asked to link to my gmail account with was successful so surely the settings work but it then kept coming up with an error which seem to be settings related as i have no coverage problems here in birmingham with vodafone on any of my other phones.

if someone can give me a PROPER guide i would appreciate settings and help with the MMS and WAP to make sure they have also given me correct info for those also.

i am on contract not PAYG

any ideas what i may be doing wrong guys?

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Beards

Beards Android Expert

Sorry, I am a little confused in what you are asking...
    Are you saying you have no Internet data (as in you go to The Market but can not access the site) or are you saying you can not get SMS coverage (as in a 2G network)?

Explain exactly what Apps or services you are trying to access and what the problem is for each.

3. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

thx for the reply.

after playing around with it a bit it does connect. the problem is that the connection isnt too good in my house even though with my old phone it wasnt too bad. the connection stays with the E sign at the top and only goes to 3g or H sometimes for short periods when i go into different locations.

any way of improving this apart from moving outside or to other locations?

cheers

4. Beards

Beards Android Expert

Unfortunately not.... There is no software app I know of that can increase the sensitivity.
    Having said that I only get two to three bars on my SGS II but it can still pick up a connection better than the SGS which has three to four bars.

5. galaxy101

galaxy101 Lurker

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem to what you mentioned (all those months ago). I basically switched SIMs to try out a particular setting on my s2 but when I put my vodafone sim back in I have NO internet data whether that be E/3G :(
    Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

6. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Go to Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Access point names > Menu > New APN and enter the following exactly as shown:-

Name
    Vodafone UK

APN
    wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy
    <Not set>

Port
    <Not set>

Username
    wap

Password
    wap

Server
    <Not set>

MMSC
    http:*SPACE*//mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
    (Do not enter *SPACE*)

MMS proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type
    PAP

APN type
    internet+mms

Hope this helps. :D

skinny1979 likes this.
  7. ssridha

ssridha Lurker

Hi,

I have SGS2 and I activated internet on airtel. I am able to access internet from the android market applications. But when I am trying to open the browser for opening a website it says "Network is temporarily unavailable".

Can anyone sort this out?

Reg,
    Sri

8. skinny1979

skinny1979 Lurker

u managed to give me the info i was unable to get directly from vodafone.
    I visited the store, made 5 phone calls and was about to go back into town to the store.

U just saved me a slog through the snow.

Many thanks!

9. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Glad I could be of help.

The settings that Vodafone UK give out are absolutely useless. It took me quite awhile, both in a Vodafone shop and on the phone to them, to sort out these settings that work. That was 8 months ago and they still give out the wrong one's, even insisting on separate data and MMS settings sometimes. :rolleyes:

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews