1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Internet stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dixie_boysles, Jun 30, 2011.

1. dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Well My Internet (Data) worked fine last night about 11:30. I set the phone on the nightstand. woke up this morning, went to work and Internet will NOT work. I am still on 2.1 and refuse to update because i hated 2.2 when I had it. I have called 611 and they could not help, just told me to get a new phone because I'm eligible for a new one, but I dont want a new phone, I want mine to work right. The phone works fine other than Internet. I receive text messages, pic messages, calls. But internet date refuses to work. So my market or anything data related will not work.

I dont understand what could have happened while it sat idle. We have pulled the battery three times, ran *228 on it, manually programmed it, etc to no avail. We did at one point have it open up a webpage, but it was so slow it didnt load it all and then it went to the "webpage unavailable" page.

any help would be much appreciated

Advertisement

2. droiduser12

droiduser12 Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Call *611 again and ask for tech support. That happend to my Droid X and it was caused by an application I downloaded. I had to do a hard reset and then my phone worked fine. I learned from that experience to be careful of applications from the Marketplace.

3. Zebulon

Zebulon Android Enthusiast
    None

I noticed that this morning as well, but it's working fine now. Maybe there was a network problem. Are you in the Des Moines area, perchance?

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I was going to suggest waiting 24-48 hours and see if it continued. You've logged it with customer service, so they are aware of the problem.

It could be a network outage issue in your local area, and have nothing to do with your phone.