• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet Stops working

LcsEvo

Jun 14, 2010
Hi i have a evo that i had since launch day at 6am in the morning. Done all the updates and am unrooted. Today all of a sudden i can not go into market then i notice i can not do anything with internet. But my 3g has 3 bars. Did a battery pull still nothing turned mobile network on and off still does not work. Any suggestions?

Have you tried wifi just to see if that works? FYI, the market has been having problems the last week or so, but if you cant get internet either, that sounds like a problem with the phone. Go to menu-settings-update, and update your profile. If that doesnt work, call sprint, they can "refresh" your phones connection to the network.

Upvote 0
There is a thread on xda with a few users (myself included) who are having the same problems. Network connectivity is spotty at best, but mostly on google apps such as the market, gtalk, gmail, etc.

I've tried clearing cache, rebooting, battery pulls, etc. I even called Sprint and they suggested a factory reset. I have read about a few people who have done that, and now they are stuck with no apps and no access to the market.

I hope Sprint can find the problem and fix it soon. I just wonder if it is limited to Sprint Evo users?

Upvote 0
Yea i tried the battery pull and everything. It worked for like 20 seconds when i turned off mobile network then cut it back on but then stops again. UGH SPRINT/HTC GET IT TOGETHER!!!. O well still can use other stuff but i miss my market. Also does same thing for appbrain. Which also sucks. BTW i like donuts.

Upvote 0
I really wish I would have cheked the site first...

Same problems here. I spent the AM on the phone with Sprint and then they had me call the 4G support number. No one knew anything about these Android / Google / 3G/4G outages. Yes, the reset my phone which is such a pain. They told me I had to go to a Sprint repair center.

The first lady I talk to cuts me off and says she knows exactly what it is. She said it is the Evo and a few other Android phones that have some random issues with anything google related. She said Sprint doesn't know exactly what the problem is, so they won't publicize an open ticket or anything. So even the support people on the phone are clueless. She tells me to cross my fingers and wait it out, maybe it will fix itself in a few days.

I am pretty ticked off. Wasted my AM and reset my phone only for this lady to know what's up right away. Pretty disappointed in Sprint not telling support people anything.

So I guess we all just need to wait it out?!?!?!!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones