1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support internet stuck in mobile view?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MinkaMuffin, Apr 3, 2011.

1. MinkaMuffin

MinkaMuffin Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    I can't seem to get my EVO to display classic view/the html version of websites by default. I have 'mobile view' deselected in the browser settings, but when I go to Google or engadget or pretty much any site that has a mobile view available, my phone will use it; its really annoying.
    I haven't cleared the cache or history yet, do you think that would help? Or any other suggestions?

Advertisement

2. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2010
    welder lvl 1
    rosenberg tx
    Go to the bottom of the sites that are stuck in mobile view and there should be a link that says "view full site" or "view full html site" hope this is what you mean

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Most sites recognize that you are on a mobile and it is controlled on their end. The browser settings will not override that on those sites. As mentioned....many have a link at the bottom to enable full site

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    You also might try clearing cookies.

5. MinkaMuffin

MinkaMuffin Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    I think the point of my post went unknown...
    Before my EVO was replaced, I could go to Google, Engadget and other sites and they would automatically show up in normal view, because I have mobile view turned off; now they are not.
    I don't want to waste time pressing the 'full site' button every time I go to a website.
    I tried clearing cache, cookies and history. Google is now showing up normally, but not other sites... any other suggestions?

6. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    Did you try deselecting mobile view then closing your browser and restarting your phone? If that doesn't work download the dolphin browser in the market. That will solve your website issues by using the dolphin browser and ensuring you change the settings of the browser to desktop.

I know your pain because AOL always sends the stock browser to their mobile website. My phone didn't do that prior to Froyo. Anyway, I use the dolphin browser when I want to view the full AOL website. I read some place where Android maybe moving away from their own browser and utilizing a different on down the road.

Tags: