1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Internet version of Facebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RHS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. RHS

RHS Active Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I use the internet version, but I've noticed that it has two different formats. One is a mobile version and is located at Welcome to Facebook | Facebook. The other one is Welcome to Facebook | Facebook.
    What is the difference in the two, other than the different screen layout? Also, they are not up to date with each other either.

Advertisement

2. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Student.
    New River, AZ.
    There are actually 3 versions you can use VIA web. Mobile, Touch, and Full. Mobile I use over all 3. I use the app sometimes. Touch is more condensed. It doesn't have all your notifications; pokes, birthdays etc, and typically has people you frequently keep in touch with on your home page. Mobile is a mini version of Full, you get all your notifications and normal feed. Full is just the computer site.

Hope that helps.

3. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    Unfortunately, I can't use the mobile site because it won't accept my password for some reason. I typed it as sloooowly as possible multiple times to be *sure* I had it correct, but it just won't take. Online w/the same password is no problem. Very odd...

4. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Student.
    New River, AZ.
    Lol. I have experienced this as well. It has happened to me on many OS. Try closing down the browser completely then trying again. Sometimes that works for me. I have no idea why it does this. Also, if that doesn't work it usually stops after a day or two of being weird.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

In the non-Internet version of Facebook, you only get one friend. :(

6. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    I was able to get online today, but I noticed in the URL box, it switched me automatically from the "mobile" to the "touch" site. Looks like I have a truncated friends list in alpha order -- down to the "Ds" and that's it.

EDIT: I just saw where I can click on "Mobile" at the bottom of the "Touch" page to take me back to the mobile version.