• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Internet works in brower, not app. (emulation)

ajent

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
I'm trying to make an app, following the "hello, webview" tutorial here Hello, WebView | Android Developers

Everything, Seems to be correct, although when I run the emulator, the console says
"[2010-06-06 14:41:50 - appname]No Launcher activity found!
[2010-06-06 14:41:50 - appname] The launch will only sync the application package on the device!"

Then the emulation loads, but I have to manually open the application. (the hello android app loaded itself).

When I run the app, it appears to "display" correctly, but it tells me the address is unavailable, check settings, etc.

The difference of my issue, is I Can get internet by going through the regular browser. It seems only my application can't get access.

Manifest File:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      package="com.android.universalwait"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0">
      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name">
    </application>
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" />
</manifest>

I figured the permissions is the only cause, but it looks fine to me?

Any other ideas?
Thanks a lot.
cool.gif

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones