1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Intranet problems nexus s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m4tic, Jan 12, 2011.

1. m4tic

m4tic Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    Well i was finally reconsidering keeping my nexus s after me and my dad bought android phones each. One problem is i can't access the intranet, i thought things like this were baked into the os itself. it works on e63 by the way, cheap phone. i'm embarrassed. does anyone have it working? we're on novell groupwise. i get kicked out and i can't get the mail working

Advertisement

2. Anthony1

Anthony1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Luton UK
    I can access my work intranet just fine on mine :)

Are you sure you're using the correct password? My experience is that it's usually a PBKC (Problem between keyboard and chair) issue. ;)

3. m4tic

m4tic Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    Not my password, the cheap nokia e63 works well.

4. Anthony1

None

Jan 5, 2010
    Luton UK
    Are you connecting via wifi? Have you got 'show security warnings' ticked? Have you tried going directly to the IP address? or a different browser?

Not sure this is the right place to troubleshoot your intranet access, should probably talk to your IT guys.

5. m4tic

m4tic Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    I'm accessing via EDGE connection, i'm far away from my work on holiday. I've never had to call them but i will try other browsers as you suggest. Getting used to android is certainly taking me a long time than a phone should. spent the last four days replacing core functions like sms with other applications, now the browser. :(

6. Anthony1

None

Jan 5, 2010
    Luton UK
    Ah, I understand a bit more. You're trying to access your work web mail via the internet?

Can you get to other internet sites? At what point does it fail to connect to your web based e-mail?

7. m4tic

m4tic Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    My friend had a look at it and he says it must be a certificate problem, i Don't know what that means. well most functions of groupwise don't show up as they do on a computer, mail and calendar are invincible, these show up well on the e63. I've tried dolphin and same issue. i'm going to install opera mobile now, i trust it will work, its what i used on the e63.

8. Anthony1

None

Jan 5, 2010
    Luton UK
    If it's a certificate problem then it will warn you, providing that you have 'show security warnings' ticked in the browser.

You will have the option of continuing to the web site and accepting the certificate or refusing it. Thats if it is a certificate problem.

Tags: