1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Intro and request for help (or inspiration)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by swannyriver, Jan 26, 2014.

1. swannyriver

swannyriver Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    I am not really into fiddling with mobiles but I only purchased the inner case for my Samsung S, GT 19003 last week when the screen locked up on me. It wouldn't swipe. Ok, downloaded Odin and got to the green download (Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!) screen. Downloaded the latona pit file plus the other three files in XXKB3 and ...... it didn't do anything. tried again and Odin said "succeed 0/fail 1" and nothing started to process. Left it, tried it again, left it, tried to get out of the green screen (I shall call the the green screen of death) and failed. NOTHING I read on the internet worked, including pressing every button combination. After a couple of hours of rapid balding, I disconnected the phone and got ..... the little phone and PC with exclamation mark. Then nothing. I can get back into the green screen of death by removing/inserting the battery and pressing VOL down+HOME+POWER but nothing more. Suspecting the arch enemy Windows, I downloaded Kies but it didn't, recognise the device. I then downloaded Kies onto a Mac and got the same result. Oh, I tried another phone and it connected so the USD lead (a Samsung one) is ok.

As it is International Seek a Geek Week...... can anyone suggest something (useful) please?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello swannyriver. Sorry you are having problems. I think your best avenue for assistance will be to check into the area of root support for your phone. Looks like the Galaxy S has lots of support... I hope the best for you. Here is a link:
    Galaxy S - All Things Root - Android Forums

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welcome to the Community. :)