1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

intro, BlackBerry to Android question

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stoudtb, Nov 18, 2010.

1. stoudtb

stoudtb New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I'm Bryan, and glad to join the forum here. Right now, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8530, and am considering another phone as a Christmas present.

Since my Verizon contract isn't up yet, I'd have to buy something at a fairly high price, so I'm looking for some advice.

I don't hate my BB (at all), but am considering an Android-based phone for several reasons -

* text-to-voice GPS,
    * syncing with gmail (I'm a huge Google user),
    * the many apps available

Unfortunately, I am on a budget of $300 max, so that's the dilemma. This makes the Incredible a long shot, I think. Droid 2 and X are similarly out of reach. The Eris seems to be a real option, but I'm concerned about it based on some of what I've read about the Eris here (I read the post comparing Droid vs Incredible). I'd hate to get a new phone and be disappointed.

'Must-haves' for me are: syncing with gmail, Google calendar and MS Outlook, as well as free text-to-voice GPS.

So... do you think it's worth spending the $ for a new phone (contract up in one year)? If yes, what would you recommend?

Thanks so much for your help!

Bryan

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either the DINC, the Droid 2, or the Droid X (I tend to be biased towards the Droid X). In either case, however, I think you'll be painfully close to your spending limit for any of these phones.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)