1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by My Camel, Jun 2, 2011.

1. My Camel

My Camel Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Sales
    Roswell, GA
    Hi everyone. Just following the front page directions :) and introducing myself.

i've been a smartphone user since the beginning of time (or so it seems). I'm now using an original Storm on Verizon and am looking at an Android based Smart Phone and/or Tablet.

here's what i sent to a forum in Amazon. it pretty well describes where i am. i would really appreciate any observations any/all of you may have and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated:

"i bought and returned a Xoom. i LOVED it but 3 things: 1. email (as mentioned before) is not clean-have to go to google and sync my outlook stuff-didn't do any subdirectories though-but then i have to keep it up. with the blackberry it's a no brainer with their desktop handler. syncs my laptop and phone perfectly. 2. the USB doesn't work with 2 of my desktop computers running XP Media. works perfectly with Win 7 on my laptop. 3. the micro SD doesn't work yet. i wanted to put my apps/music/photos on the SD and couldn't eats up storage that i didn't want to lose.

my STORM is 3". 4.5" is 50% larger. Surfing is one priority when wife and i think of something and i want to look it up. carrying a tablet is 'okay' but as you say cumbersome.

wife has a NOOK so i bought and tried it. i love how they modified android to work to their programming. it is perfect if you don't want to do much app work. I tried using a SD root, but it was VERY slow and buggy. took it back too. i don't like doing that-just costs everyone $'s. but i don't want to invest without trying and standing in a store is a real bummer.

so still sitting searching for the best solution for me.

BTW my email accounts are POP accounts and i use outlook to accesss and sync with the BB Storm. I do have IMAP for google if i elect to try to figure them out. very convoluted though and at age 67, staying on top of things and multi-tasking is really getting difficult :(.

Hope this makes sense to you. ask ?'s if you wish!

nice to mee all of you.

My Camel (Mike Hammel)

Advertisement

2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    Welcome to Android Forums Mike!