1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MadKiwi, Jan 11, 2013.

1. MadKiwi

MadKiwi Lurker
    None

May 26, 2012
    Systems Analyst
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Not sure if I intro'd when I joined up or not but now that I'm back here...

I'm a computer nut in my early 40's living with my wife and 2.5 year old daughter in Dunedin, New Zealand.

For the last 4-5 years I've been an Apple zealot but I've finally seen the light and have moved back to Windows (and some Linux VMs) and and looking to move from my iPhone 4s to an Android phone as per my post in another thread. I've been a computer user for around 30 years and have worked in various IT roles (Helpdesk, 2nd/3rd level tech support, Field Engineering, Systems Admin etc.) for a little over 20 years now.

The only problem about NZ is phones are pricey here, S3 is between $750 and $1000 depending on retailer, the Nexus 4 appears to be only being sold by one company here and will set you back $799. These are the main 2 phones I'm considering at the moment and would really like to get some feedback on the pros and cons of each model and what "issues" I might find in my move to Android from iOS.

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi MadKiwi... ;)

Glad to have you onboard.

3. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User
    None

Hello there, MadKiwi. :hello: Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're glad to have you join us here at Android Forums.

It looks like you're finding your way around here just fine, so enjoy the forums and just let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.

Happy posting! :D

- eyebeam