1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support invalid email id

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by songpalmese, May 16, 2012.

1. songpalmese

songpalmese Member

May 11, 2012
    Okay, I've found out how to deal with some of my contact issues (not displaying contacts which don't have phone numbers is a good start for some of them), but I'm still a little stuck.

There are a couple of email only contacts which I need to have, so I've added phauxn numbers to those contacts (555-1212). However, one of the contacts has a non-standard email address: (post.urlnamehere.com) and when I try to save the edited contact, the phone says: Invalid email ID. Please check! and won't let me save it.

WTF?

Advertisement

2. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    Unix/VMware admin
    Richmond, VA
    To the best of my knowledge there is no way to have an email address without an @ in it. Nothing available for use on any computer system will accept an email add valid without one.

It is like trying to use a TV without a power cord, not gonna happen in any currently existing home.

An email address by standard is username@domain

3. songpalmese

songpalmese Member

May 11, 2012
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. The full address is username+0308@post.urlnamehere.com

I assumed the problem the phone was having was with the double dots in the url portion of the address.

4. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Salvage Yard
    Florida
    that does not seem to be an issue on my phone. I have a single contact that has 3 email addresses saved under it with no fake phone number. One of which is my mobile upload for my photobucket which is username.#'@uploads.photobucket.com. The other 2 are name@domain that are commonly used to send pictures to for work.

Tags: