• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Invalid kernel length - Cannot enter Odin download mode

oneytlam

Lurker
Sep 14, 2021
My Samsung tab is showing a "could not do normal boot invalid kernel length" error and can't start normally. I tried to press "Volume Up + down" and plug in the cable to go into download mode. The Tab goes into a blue screen (and does say Odin mode) but no selection appears and the tab does not go into Download mode despite pressing any button. Can any expert here provide any comment? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• blue screen.jpeg
    blue screen.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 987
My Samsung tab is showing a "could not do normal boot invalid kernel length" error and can't start normally. I tried to press "Volume Up + down" and plug in the cable to go into download mode. The Tab goes into a blue screen (and does say Odin mode) but no selection appears and the tab does not go into Download mode despite pressing any button. Can any expert here provide any comment? Thanks in advance!
That *IS* download mode. The PC should see it and you should be able to flash a stock firmware package

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
That *IS* download mode. The PC should see it and you should be able to flash a stock firmware package
Thanks for your reply. The PC is able to see the tablet, however when I try flashing the packages I keep getting stuck at the following message:
Code:
<ID:0/008> FAIL!
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Afterwards I only get this message:
Code:
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Have attempted changing to different flash files or Odin application versions, yet keep encountering the same error. I also have not checked re-partition on the Odin program, thus I wrongly assumed that it was a problem on the tab's Odin mode since it didn't display a download sign.

Any idea what problem am I facing and how can I fix it?

Reactions: kofi ansah
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones