1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Invalid MMI Code" for Speed Dialing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by susan2736, Apr 21, 2011.

1. susan2736

susan2736 Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I have and HTC Inspire and I have set up all my Speed Dial numbers. When I try to dial out using the Speed Dial numbers I get a notification that says "Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code". What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    after you set the number you want to speed dail then go to the dialer are you tapping the number then call? if so that is the problem. instead of doing that just long press the number. for example my husband is 2 on my speeddial (cause apparently ATT feels voicemail should be #1 in my life) i just press and hold 2

3. susan2736

susan2736 Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Thank you so much! I was typing the number and then hitting and then Call. It works perfectly the way you had me do it. Thank you!

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    no problem, when i first tried speed dial when i got the phone i did that same thing tap number then call took me a few mintues of playing with it to figure it out :D

5. chikkenman

chikkenman Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks... was a concern with y galaxy S - the way to use speed dial must have changed with latest gingerbread update. All good now, just hold the number down (seems so simple now) :)

6. Lamshe

Lamshe Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks for this info! Just got new phone yesterday, Galaxy S2, my first smartphone, and spent all evening setting it up. Then discovered my speed dial numbers were giving the "MMI" message, so phoned t-mobile who couldnt figure it out and put me through to Samsung who couldnt figure it out and suggested I do a factory reset. Could not face starting all over so googled and came to your forum. Such a simple answer yet none of the techies knew it. Thanks I have now joined and bookmarked your page!