• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

invalid password for gmail account

Help me understand - you know your password and can log into Gmail via the web and just need to change it on your phone?

I think you can do that by just deleting your Gmail account on your phone and re-entering it.

If you've lost your password altogether or something, I believe you can there with a password reset option by going to gmail.com (maybe best to try from your desktop).

Helpful or not helpful?

(PS to akazabam - guess I'm just typing tooooo slow today. ;) )

Upvote 0
So you're saying you know your password, but it's invalid on the phone? How did that happen? Did you change your password through web? I don't think you can remove your main account that easily (without a wipe). Silly question, but have you tried just rebooting (Turn the phone off then back on)? That should prompt you to enter you account info (assuming you just changed the password).

Upvote 0
If you go to Menu-> Settings-> Accounts&sync and tap on your Google account, you can remove it there. Also Settings-> Applications-> Manage applications - choose the google app (mail or talk) and you can clear data there - that will remove the account.

Then add it back with the correct info by launching Setup from your application drawer, and double check it with Accounts&sync again.

Should work - but _will most likely_ cause up to an hour or so delay to be re-recognized by the Market.

Reactions: akazabam
Upvote 0
If you go to Menu-> Settings-> Accounts&sync and tap on your Google account, you can remove it there. Also Settings-> Applications-> Manage applications - choose the google app (mail or talk) and you can clear data there - that will remove the account.

Then add it back with the correct info by launching Setup from your application drawer, and double check it with Accounts&sync again.

Should work - but _will most likely_ cause up to an hour or so delay to be re-recognized by the Market.

I've heard of that not working before, but if it does, great to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones