1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Invalid SIM card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by aripod, Jul 9, 2016.

1. aripod

aripod Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Hello,

I have a new galaxy s5 neo, supposedly unlocked, but when I put a sim card (network locked SIM card inserted) and asks for a "SIM network unlock PIN".

So far I have asked the company where I bought it (similar to bestbuy, it's not a cellphone company) and the tell me that the line provider should give me this code. When I contact the line provider they tell me that the company where I bought the device should give it to me.....so I have no solution from either sides....

is there any way, by software maybe, to solve this?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Think it's down to whomever sold it to you, supposed to be unlocked, but in fact it's locked. Demand a refund or a replacement.

Unlock codes come from the carrier it's locked to, provided any contract associated with the phone has been completely fulfilled or ETF paid.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. aripod

aripod Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    You might be able to have it unlocked by your regional Samsung service centre. They will probably charge though.

m.gsmarena.com/samsung_on_region_lock_you_need_5_min_of_voice_calls-news-7184.php
    If you're still having problems with the Region lock, you can visit the regional Samsung Care center to have it deactivated.

Any unlock has to come from Samsung, as it's not a carrier subsidy SIM-lock.

#4 mikedt, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016