• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Invalid username or password. (Unlocking)

sekrit

Nov 18, 2009
My first Droid had problems with basic applications such as the Messaging and Phone apps resetting, so I exchanged it. Everything seemed great with the new phone, until I woke up one morning to see a screen stating that too many incorrect patterns had been attempted, and I should reset the phone by entering my Google account information. However, upon entering my information, I immediately received a message "Invalid username or password." There was no apparent attempt to even validate the information.

Anyhow, I returned to the Verizon store and after the representative researched for half an hour or so, he decided to factory reset the phone. Now, this would not have been a problem, except that I purposely entered an incorrect pattern five times afterwards, to get to the "Forgot pattern" screen, and as I had suspected, it refused to accept my information. I was wondering whether this would be valid grounds to exchange my phone once again. I'm not content with having to completely erase everything on my device each time my phone gets into somebody else's hands.

My first Droid had problems with basic applications such as the Messaging and Phone apps resetting, so I exchanged it. Everything seemed great with the new phone, until I woke up one morning to see a screen stating that too many incorrect patterns had been attempted, and I should reset the phone by entering my Google account information. However, upon entering my information, I immediately received a message "Invalid username or password." There was no apparent attempt to even validate the information.

Anyhow, I returned to the Verizon store and after the representative researched for half an hour or so, he decided to factory reset the phone. Now, this would not have been a problem, except that I purposely entered an incorrect pattern five times afterwards, to get to the "Forgot pattern" screen, and as I had suspected, it refused to accept my information. I was wondering whether this would be valid grounds to exchange my phone once again. I'm not content with having to completely erase everything on my device each time my phone gets into somebody else's hands.

I believe this is a know bug in the OS..I had to hard reset mine the first night I got it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones