1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Invisible entries in phonebook?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mitch-OC, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Mitch-OC

Mitch-OC Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    I noticed that when I use an app to create a backup of my address book (several apps in fact) they all find entries that do NOT posses a name and is only an email address.

These are NOT found in the phone address boo anywhere I can find. I'd like to dump them as most of them are junk.

Any idea where these are coming from and how do I get rid of them.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, Mitch.

One clue jumped out from your post, though, "several apps in fact."

I'm wondering if one or more of your address book apps is not playing nice with another app, or with the system itself.

I'd start troubleshooting that by backing up everything and then taking the trouble to remove cache and data from these apps, reboot and then reconfigure them one at a time.

Hopefully others will chime in, perhaps somebody who has seen this issue of phantom address book entries before.

3. Mitch-OC

Mitch-OC Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi Frisco,

Thanks for the reply. To give more info, 3 apps find the same entries and I have tried your theory but there was no change in the results.

The aps that find the entries are "UIA Backup Contacts", "Look out" and "Backup2Email".

On a side note, I found that in the options of the address book there is an option to export the addressbook. It sends it as different vcard files all in one. That backup from the phone itself also contained these entries.

Might I suggest you use the phone's backup in this manner and see what you've got? Perhaps you have some invisible entries too that you may not be aware off. Sadly, when I open the file the phone ends, it only opens 1 vcard at a time so when I close that window the next one opens. It continues until all are opened sequentially.