• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Invisible Shield install

PSUBALL10

Mar 23, 2010
PA
Installed the IS on 2 incredibles this evening. Everything went well, they look great. Just a few tiny bubbles that should dry up. The phones have been "resting" for about 6 hours now. I plan on waiting the full 24 hours before i put the batteries back in and turn them on. I started reading some posts on other forums about how people have messed up their phones with water damage after installing the IS. Just wanted to see if anyone was having any trouble after installing the IS. I tried not to use alot of water, but there was some water coming out from under the IS when i was squeegeeing the bubbles out. Going to be a worrisome 24 hrs......

I should have mine in a few days so I'm also interested to know how it worked out for you. Please post some photos when you have a chance. Now if I can just figure out how to remove the Body Glove case; it's sesms to be on there pretty well.
Will do. One phone was turned on and everything worked fine. So hopefully we will be 2 for 2.

Upvote 0
I put mine on weds when I got the phone. In fact I never touched the screen with my hands, i just took the factory protector off and put the zagg shield on. There was some water that came out, but I wiped it with the lens cloth provided as I pushed it out. I didn't wait 24 hours to use the phone. I put the clear invisible solid case on, let it charge for about 3 hours, then started it up. I didn't have any problems with corners or anything. There is maybe one little blemish on one of the non-screen parts where dust or oil or something got under it. Its freakin tiny and unnoticeable though. So far so good.

Upvote 0
I wasn't so lucky putting mine on. Everything was fine, but when I turned on the phone, I noticed a tiny hair right across the middle of the display (3 dogs, 2 cats.. it's inevitable). It would have driven me nuts, so I removed it and tried to get the hair off, but it was stuck on their pretty good. I ended up scuffing the underside, so now it's just no good. When I tried to reapply it, the edges wouldn't stick.. they would curl up. I guess I'll have to wait till someone else.. preferably Steinheil comes out with theirs soon. In the meantime, I hope I don't scratch my screen!

Upvote 0
Glad to hear that everyone is having success with them. I too waited a week before mine was shipped. Not happy about that but still wanted to get a cover on it asap.

How hard are they to remove and does it damage the screen at all?

What if it is sitting in the sun couldn't it melt?
Apparently they can be removed, they tell you to peel it off very slowly and it should come right off without damaging the phone.

Sorry about yours MikiBee

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones