• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Invisible Shield

trophynuts

Extreme Android User
Jul 6, 2010
SouthEastern US
I don't see how you can say they don't work that well. I've had it on my zune hd for like 6 months and it looks brand new out of the box.

I've also got it on my Droid X and it looks new with a month of use on it.

Honestly they are cake to put on.

Peal off the backing. Spray the adhesive side with the spray.

Start at an edge and get it set.

spray the FRONT and use the rubber tool to slide the air bubbles out. The key is you spray the front as well. It helps the rubber tool slide and gets the bubbles out.

Now that being said. I got bestskinever for my wifes Droid X and applied it the same way. Can't tell the difference between them except hers was $8.99 and the Zagg was $25.

So get a bestskinever and spray both sides and you'll be good to go.

Upvote 0
The protection aspect is not a problem, nor did I have difficulty installing it. They will protect your screen. However, I had 3 Zagg skins and every single one of them allowed dirt and crud to get under the edges of the screen protector, causing it to lift up, and the design for the back of the full body protector on the iPhone was absolutely terrible, having corners that wouldn't stay down and causing me to have to cut up the protector to just make it stay flat on the phone.

Since they adhere to the phone, you can't just peel it up, clean it off, and reapply it. You get a one-shot application. Maybe a little fudge room but it can't just be pulled off and put back on.

The orange peel effect was always noticeable to me as well.

All this for three times the price of a regular screen protector. Had it been cheap, I would not have had as many complaints. But for two-to-three-times the price of most screen protectors, it was not worthwhile.

For me, a screen protector "working well" encompasses more than just keeping my screen from getting scratched. It also includes usability.

Upvote 0
Myself, I want a protector that defends against more than just scratches. God I WISH I was graceful enough only to have to worry about my keys scuffing my screen, but I guess I'm more accident prone than most, because my phone hits the deck from time to time. Oh sure, everytime I have a brand new, perdy lookin phone in my hand I tell myself, "ok, you aren't going to drop this one... this time you are going to always think before you do anything... I don't want this one getting dinged up like the last one did". But guess what, it winds up falling on the floor just like the last one did.

Case and point, I had bought the rubber skin protector for my DX when I first picked it up because it was cheap, and I was planning on getting the extended battery when it came out and didn't want to waste my money on a hard case that would have to be replaced soon (little did I know that the majority of hard cases would fit over the replacement battery door).

So I was carrying my DX around with the rubber case one day, and it fell out of my hand and onto the cement patio out back... now there is a small dent on the top corner of my phone. GRRRRRRRR!!!!! It's not super noticable, and now that I have a hard case, you'd never see it unless I were to take it out of its case anyhow. But the point is, the InvisiShields... as much as I would LOVE to only have to have that on my phone to protect against all threats... don't protect against impact.

Which is a shame, because I much prefer the look and feel of my phone out of its case than in it. Although I do really dig the kickstand it has.

Upvote 0
Take a quick peak at this thread as I posted my impressions of the zagg vs steinheil in there... http://androidforums.com/droid-x-accessories/162591-best-screen-protector-iyo.html

In addition to that, the total body thing worked OK, but you can definitely tell from the gloss of the zagg invisi that you had something stamped on your phone. The full body gives the phone an added grip to it so it actually sits rather comfortably in your palm without the fear of you dropping it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones