• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inviting all owners of Samsung Galaxy 551

hi, i'm from Indonesia, Galaxy user. you can call me Maria.
got a little problem with the wi-fi, sometimes it say error when i try to active wi-fi connection. but i can get use to it, i always reboot it when it happen.

i just got my galaxy rooted yesterday and still looking for the simplest way to moved apps to SD card without root explorer or using desktop. help could find any clue in this forum, still browse the topics now.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am from Hosur (Bangalore), I bought this phone in Jan. Some of my experiences.

1. Low memory. - Rooted with z4root, created second partition on my 32GB sd card, moved apps (linked technically) from phone to SD card using link2SD. Now I have 2 GB of memory to install apps.

Thanks,
VRC.

hi Hosur, i rooted my G551 with Universal Androot (the best app for rooting IMO), created partition with Root All to SD, but i doesn't satisfied me since Root All to SD just moved some small part from an app.
And now, i cannot use my galaxy on USB mode. pretty annoying...

I've download link2SD though, still trying to find how to use it properly. I dont want to use root explorer since i think i have to be an advance user to try that.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I get annoying phone calls from a particular number and I intend to block all calls and messages from that number. Also,I don't want any sort of notifications regarding calls from that number. Are there any features within the phone which I can use? I've tried call blockers from the Android market,but I still get missed call notifications. Any free app which blocks call without calls featuring in the call log.

Please help.

Thanks,
DG

try download Call Filter from market.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I have Samsung Galaxy i5510. I have heard many people saying that this phone is not good like no good internet no good games. But trust me there are a hell lot of people trying to fix games for this phone. Also if all of you guys try to send a message to the developers then maybe they will think that there are many people who want that respective game. Anyway I can tell you all a way to download Nova and Gangstar West Coast Hustle for this phone.
Nova: nova 240x320 .rar
Gangstar West Coast Hustle: gangstar 240x320.rar
They are not full screen but they can be played. Once I am able to get full screen I will surely help you.
You can download swype at beta.swype on your phone.

Guys even I need a help from you people, hope you will help for me helping you.
I have EA Fifa 10 on my phone. It works perfectly but the only problem is its controls and onscreen keys. If I tap the keys then they will not respond. I have to slide on them. Even while playing and while selecting the kick off etc, options. Any help will be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have bought my Galaxy 551 5 days ago and till now I have found mainly one problem. The impossibly short battery life. It doesn't even last for a day of moderate use. And once I saw it stopped working during standby and there were two displays in the same display. One reset corrected that problem. Angry Birds is not always smooth in this phone. Thats all I can say till now.

Turn off internet while playing this game...
this is because of ads displyed while playing :)

Upvote 0
minor problem .. so din feel like starting a new thread

my launcher's AUTOROTATE has STOPPED working ... apps and other menus still autorotate but the home screen and application menu just wont....

any ideas..?

ps: i was experimenting with other launchers yesterday .. but i remember it was working after that

UPDATE : tried BOTH a soft factory data reset(from settings) and a HARD RESET using the reset code .. both din work .. autorotate works fine with all other menus and aplications.. :(

Upvote 0
minor problem .. so din feel like starting a new thread

my launcher's AUTOROTATE has STOPPED working ... apps and other menus still autorotate but the home screen and application menu just wont....

any ideas..?

ps: i was experimenting with other launchers yesterday .. but i remember it was working after that

UPDATE : tried BOTH a soft factory data reset(from settings) and a HARD RESET using the reset code .. both din work .. autorotate works fine with all other menus and aplications.. :(

Which Launcher/What app .TwLauncher has faulty Auto rotate.It's annoying .
Open slid keyboard to check whether it rotates.If it does that means it can rotate but the launcher is not accepting the orientation sensor.

P.S. :-It's better to make a seperate thread so it is easier for others with same problems to view.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hi friends how are you all, im ravi thread starter really was busy did not get time to come and check this thread, lots of users have galaxy 551 now i guess, now im happy with this phone battery backup increases as time passes and as the phone is used ,, then only you can get about 2 days or 1.5 days with normal use...

am looking for some hack to install gingerbread update, so checking out that now, any helps, suggestions

Upvote 0
Hello guys,
I hav been using this phone since a month and i m quite satisfied..
Considering price tag of Rs9,300 it s a value fr money..
However my phone seems to have a defect
When I am composing a txt msg & try using voice input error msg is displayed saying "connection error", however voice recorder works fine..
The problem is with msging and voice search...
Could any one help...
Also is there going to be a andrd 2.3 update? I knw samsng hav nt releasd yet... But any chance in near future?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones