• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inviting all owners of Samsung Galaxy 551

KARANDPR i need your help :( i dont have any serious problem, but im very interested on upgrading my samsung 551 to GB 2.3.4 or 2.3.6.. i rooted my device but i dont know what it is for, i dont know the concept of it,, and i also rooted my device because i have read its the first procedure on installing live wallpapers and also for phone memory problems because my phone memory has remaining 18 mb :( hope you wont ignore this and thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
KARANDPR i need your help :( i dont have any serious problem, but im very interested on upgrading my samsung 551 to GB 2.3.4 or 2.3.6.. i rooted my device but i dont know what it is for, i dont know the concept of it,, and i also rooted my device because i have read its the first procedure on installing live wallpapers and also for phone memory problems because my phone memory has remaining 18 mb :( hope you wont ignore this and thanks in advance :)
rooting the phone allows you to remove system apps, which would help with your storage problem. You can also download an app called Move2sd. This allows you to move almost every app over to your sd card.

Then you can download another app AdFree. This will get rid of virtually all advertisements inside your various apps.

Download Titanium backup to help you get rid of the apps that came pre-loaded on your phone. You will also need to download Superuser...which you probably already have if you are already rooted.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you with your other questions. I'm also having some problems with my firmware.

Upvote 0
i currently have a rooted I5510 (india) :
pda:15510DDJK4
phone : 15510DDJK4
csc :15510ODDJK4
currently every thing is working fine .... i am thinking of upgrading to GB ....

which stock rom is best for me (KPG ?)... and what errors might i expect(software wise)
the problem with the keys.. is it only with the symbols ....?(what symbols exactly).. any way to correct them ?

Upvote 0
Hi all GLX551 users. I am from LAOS. I bought my 551 in Thailand. Until this moment, all most my 551 is running well, including wifi (quick n good access). Many Apps have installed since April,2011 such: Lookout, OffieSuit (read word,Excel, PPT n PDF files), dictionary, convertPad, Opera Mini and others.... But still use Froyo.
I m thinking to update to 2.3.4. my baseband versoin is =i5510DXJKS. hope this forum will be useful to all 551 users. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi all GLX551 users. I am from LAOS. I bought my 551 in Thailand. Until this moment, all most my 551 is running well, including wifi (quick n good access). Many Apps have installed since April,2011 such: Lookout, OffieSuit (read word,Excel, PPT n PDF files), dictionary, convertPad, Opera Mini and others.... But still use Froyo.
I m thinking to update to 2.3.4. my baseband versoin is =i5510DXJKS. hope this forum will be useful to all 551 users. Thanks.

Welcome to Android Forums.Check the All Things Root section for more details on upgrading .

hi, my name is David and I've had the Samsung galaxy 551 since Christmas of last year and i'am having trouble with connection between my phone to my computer via usb cable its not syncing to it

Welcome to Android Forums .
KIES is a useless piece of software IMO
Do try MyPhoneExplorer which is a much superior syncing software .

Upvote 0
hi, my name is David and I've had the Samsung galaxy 551 since Christmas of last year and i'am having trouble with connection between my phone to my computer via usb cable its not syncing to it

Hey Dave, or anyone else with this issue
I was having the same problem but i managed to figured the problem out

1.Download & Install Kies 2

2.open Kies(if not already)Connect the USB to your phone then Computer (It will install the drivers needed)

3.Click on Turn on USB Storage on your phone, A Message might pop up (Turn On USB Storage)...Click OK

4.Go back to the home screen by pressing the looped arrow button, then press the page looking button, or you could click on Application Icon then the Setting Icon then(After using this way go to Applications then follow step 5 from there!!!)

5.Go to Setting-Applications-Development and click on (USB Debugging) on your Samsung, A message will pop up (Allow USB Debugging?) Click Okay......

Viola your all synced up

Upvote 0
Unable to update Angry Birds Space on my Galaxy 551. Pls. help.
Also can i upgrade my phone's Android version????
If yes, then pls guide how to go abt. it.? Safely...

You can upgrade your phone to gingerbread. Check this post
http://androidforums.com/551-all-things-root/480888-odin-stock-rom-tutorial.html
You should be looking for stock rom 2.3.6 or else try some custom ROM
If you think whatever i said does not make sense, you might be new to android, go through some posts about rooting,ROMs etc don't try custom ROMs,try stock ROMs..
Ask if necessary.:D

Upvote 0
I love the phone, but as of today, I have come across my second problem with the samsung galaxy 551..
1) My camera has stopped working. When I go to use my camera, it's almost as if it's frozen... I can't use any of the settings or take pictures... What do I do?
2) Today, my phone's mobile network has decided to stop working. I have called my provider and they say it must be the phone..... WHAT DO I DO???
PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Upvote 0
HI I am Arjun From Bangalore India
I have been using Galaxy 551 for last 16 months i bought it on Apr 2011.
After a week of using the phone phone touch sensitivity was completely gone which i reported to the UniverCell(Where i bought) they replaced only the screen an gave back to me in a week.
After which phone was just awesome finished AngryBirds and much other games available but later in Dec a kind of irritating bug rises..
phone display will ON and OFF every 10 seconds even though I am not using it. Still the problem persist.Because of this battery is draining out much faster than before. :(
In this thread i found none of fellow users are facing with such issues can u please help in this.. will factory reset will work?
Sad part here samsung has no plans to update(Android version atleast 2.3 GB) to this device which is really sad :(

Upvote 0
I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy 551, with CyanogenMod9 and ICS (4.0.4)now I cannot access the SD card files on my phone. The froyo version (2.2.2) which had My files, which you can access your SD card with, the ICS doesnt have the My Files app. After I updated to ICS I factory reset it and Google Play and all the other apps are uninstalled.

I have google play but it turns off every time I open it without a message

I also cannot download from the stock browser that came with the ics because it constantly keeps crashing every time i scroll, the message is "Unfortunately browser has stopped".

Please answer 1 of these questions:

1. How do I get the browser to stop crashing
2. How do I open the mnt/sdcard or SD card Files on the phone

*Yes my phone is rooted and I have ClockWorkMod Recovery

Upvote 0

Rooting allows you to access the root system files that your not able to when its not rooted. Make sure you root it carefully and not brick up ur phone and goto these links to update:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1892951
and
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32427811&postcount=139
and
cybrix.pl/?cat=7

Upvote 0

Heh I had the same problem when i got it, what u gotta do is get the app airdroid and it will guide u how to connect wirelessly and manage everything on ur phone with your pc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones