• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IO Error to sdcard hangs reboot.

I had a strange thing happen last night on my HTC Incredible.

I was running Andriod Battery Dog, or trying to, as I run it often to check on the battery graph and data to watch the battery performance throughout the day and see when I am loosing charge.

But this time it did not want to dispaly anything. It also did not want to START and put data out in the log. It just printed "IO ERROR" on the screen.

So I tried several times and same thing.

So I decided to reboot. It shudown fine but on boot up the HTC Incredible HUNG at the lock screen were it normally shows Verizon wireless above the TIME it showed "No Signal" and would not do anything.

It would not clear when I tried to swipe it down. Nothing worked.
I had to remove the battery. And it still did the same thing except I could see on the top it said something about the sdcard initialization and stopped at the same place.

I tried that several times and it always hung.

Then removed the battery and REMOVED the SDCARD. Then put the battery back in and powered it on.

That time it booted normally and everything came up. The phone was OK.

So then I powered OFF and put the 16 GB sdcard back in and that time it read it just fine and all is OK again and all is functional.

I have never had issues with this SDCARD before in my blackberry or in the incredible. It looked to be mounted just fine when I took it out. and there is like 12 GB free so it was not full. And it has been working fine since April 28th when I got the phone.

Anyone have issues with SDcards making the Incredible not be able to write a file or not be able to boot/powerup?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones