1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Iocean X1 Review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by batboy, Nov 29, 2014.

1. batboy

batboy Well-Known Member

I am very happy to have opportunity to write short review for new device called Iocean X1. As I already had iOcean X8 before and I was very pleased with it. I'm hoping that I will be also pleased with X1. So stay here and see how good is this new phone.

[​IMG]

Design

Iocean X1 is in my personal opinion cute phone. You have ability to choose from several cool colors for the back cover while the front side is completely black. The phone is completely made of solid plastic with rounded edges. Dimensions are 134.8x66x8.4mm and weight 130g. Overall the build quality is medium which is okay for this price range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Display
    This device is not a flagship smartphone so because of that it has smaller screen. I am telling you this because most flagship devices these days has a larger screens . X1 has 4.5 inch display with qHD resolution. Also it does not have any screen protection like gorilla glass. This screen is IPS with GF technology. Alt.the screen does not have high resolution I am pleasantly surprised because the screen is really good. It has strong brightness and it is enough sharp.

[​IMG]

Performance
    As I said before this device is a low-budget phone so accordingly it has under the hood medium strong hardware. It is based on quad core CPU at speed 1.3 GHz with 1 GB of RAM and for graphics there isMali-400 MP GPU. For storage there is 8 GB and for the user is available approximately 5 GB. You can also expand band your storage with Micro and the card up to 32 GB. So you can see this is typical Chinese device from this price range. Don't get me wrong because with this phone you can in 99.9% do anything you want. Sometimes it will be slow loading but nothing major. I tried many apps including games and all worked as should work. I also tested the phone with several benchmark test applications and the results you can see below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Software
    It comes out of box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. From what I can see it has modified user interface including 3 standard themes. It has also some new fugitives like Smart Awake. With this function you can with different gestures open any app, use camera or go to Facebook directly from the locked screen. OS is fluid and all apps works and opens fast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GPS
    I tried GPS without network and Wi-Fi help and GPS worked good with precision of 3 m. It connected to 9 satellites. I am telling you this because most of Chinese devices still have problems with GPS, sometimes they have problems because of bad antenna or something else.

[​IMG]

Camera
    Iocean X1 has 8 megapixel camera with led flash according to the iOcean. According to the Major blog they did not find any smart phone from this price range that has really good camera. So the situation is the same with X1. Photo quality is medium because the photos are not sharp completely and the colours are not too much natural. Example as you can see below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battery
    It has the battery with capacity of 1600 mAh. This device is not a bigconsumer of energy and because of that this capacity is enough. With above-averageuse gives autonomy of 1 and half day.

Pricing and conclusion
    Iocean X1 is good choice if you need a low-budget smartphone. For this price range we can notcomplaintoo much. For example it has solid build quality, medium strong hardware and great screen including some new functions like Smart Awake. But also the camera is not good. If you need more information you can visit the official website and if you want to buy this device, price is about $100 and for example you can buy it here.

#1 batboy, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014