• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOcean X8 all you need to know

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
Hi :)

I want with you share my thoughts and impressions for new flagship called iOcean X8.
I think you will love this device and you will see later why i am telling you this now

Tech specs

CPU: MT6592 1.7GHz Octacore
GPU: Mali 450
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 32GB
Screen Size: 5.7 inch, 1920X1080 pixels FHD
Screen Type: LTPS screen, Gorilla glass III, OGS
Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n
GPS: Yes
Gyro: Yes
Light Sensor: Yes
G-Sensor: Yes
Proximity sensor: Yes
Compass: Yes
Status Indication LED: Yes
Gesture control: Yes
Gesture sensing: Yes
Rear camera: 14.0 MP with auto focus
Front facing camera: 5.0 MP
Battery: Li-Polymer 2650 mAh

Design and build

I think this is the first smartphone from some Chinese company that has a really high build quality like other popular phones like Samsung or Nokia. Except build quality this device has also really nice design and in my personal opinion it is beautiful. Some of you will see or may notice that has similar design like Sony Z1. :D so on the front side we have huge screen which has a size of 5.7 inch.below the screen are three buttons which does not have backlight unfortunately and above the screen there are sensors with front camera. On the left side is slot for sim cards, the device use one Nano sim card and one Micro Sim card. on the right side are positioned buttons for volume and for power on off.The phone is not much bigger than other with smaller screens, so you don't need to worry about the size of this device.

Screen

as I mentioned before Iocean x8 has a really large screen with diagonal of 5.7 inch. the screen has full HD resolution. It is IPS screen with one glass solution – OGS and it is also LTPS screen. So with this technology you can use the full in winter when you have the gloves on your hands. So it is much easier to use device in the winter. Also the viewing angle and the brightness are excellent. And for protection it has gorilla glass III.

Hardware

iOcean X8 has the same hardware as Iocean x7s. So it has MT6592 1.7GHz Octacore CPU, 2 GB of RAM and Mali 450. The only main difference between these devices is available memory for storage so in this case there is 24 GB available memory. And there is no slot for additional memory card. This hardware proved to be good and it is very good for everyday use, web browsing, and don't worry also for gaming. I played GTA San Andreas and the game worked perfectly normal without any problems. I also have tested the device with benchmark testing apps. The results you can see below.

Camera

it has front and back camera. I will only talk about the back camera or the main camera which has 14.2 megapixel sensor with led flashlight and it has all other features like auto focus, HDR, face detection. I have tested the camera in all conditions and when you take photos in places great enough light the photos are great but in dark or in places with low light photos are just good because the led flashlight is not strong enough. Below you can see photo samples made by this camera.

Battery

because of design and build construction it has non-removable battery. Battery with capacity of 2650mah. In my opinion they could put a stronger battery. But for now battery holds at least one day with average use.

Conclusion

iOcean X8 is a great device with many good features and good-looking design. I really love it and in my opinion I think it is beautiful phone. It has excellent screen, high-quality case, it has also good hardware possibilities. Camera is excellent only with enough light. Unfortunately the led flashlight is too weak so photos taken in dark are not only good. Buttons below the screen does not have a backlight alt. when you start to use the device you will know where the buttons are. The price for this phone is approximately $300 depends on the shop.

Source of review: Major Droid.
For more information about iOcean X8 you can go to iOcean official website: http://www.iocean.cc/X8_en.html

please if you have any questions just ask

I hope that you like this review
smile.gif

Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones