• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iodine mess on wall

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I was helping my friend put some iodine on his leg wound and heaven help me some got on the wall. I guess it's drywall with kind of a stucco texture. I used some bathroom spray to get it off the floor but the wall's a different story. What do I use for that?

If the iodine has actually soaked into the stucco plaster, which it likely has if it's porous, there's probably not a lot you can do apart from painting it over. Make sure it's dried out first of course before you do paint, otherwise it could soak through. And if it's really bad you may need to apply more than one coat. Could be an excuse to redecorate the room?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
What is a Flash magic sponge and how do I get one? Does it cost a lot? By the way, I think the stain's lighter this morning. They should put a warning on that stuff to let people know it does that.
lol who goes around throwing iodine all over the place. i'd be scared if there is a warning:

DO NOT SPLASH ON WALLS!!!!!!

IT WILL LEAVE A STAIN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones