• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOS Icons on EMUI 9.0

Sounds like it might not be compatible with an updated launcher from Huawei. If the updated launcher still has icon pack support you could contact the developer of the icon pack and let them know - they may be able to fix it with an update.

Otherwise you could use a different launcher which is compatible with the pack - you'd have to redo your home page layouts, but you won't suffer this problem again (I've never known an icon pack stop working with Nova, for example).

Upvote 0
I've never used EMUI (I've used an old MIUI launcher back in 2011, but not since, and didn't use it for long). TouchWiz in my opinion is one of the worst launchers I've ever used.

Nova's pretty flexible, more so than any stock launcher I've used, so you can set it up to do pretty much whatever you want. Of course there are many other launchers you can try, but Nova's so widespread that it's probably got the widest selection of icon packs that work with it.

Upvote 0
I've never used EMUI (I've used an old MIUI launcher back in 2011, but not since, and didn't use it for long). TouchWiz in my opinion is one of the worst launchers I've ever used.

Nova's pretty flexible, more so than any stock launcher I've used, so you can set it up to do pretty much whatever you want. Of course there are many other launchers you can try, but Nova's so widespread that it's probably got the widest selection of icon packs that work with it.

Why thank you, will def give it a try!

Upvote 0
FYI, Huawei has disabled third-party launchers with their EMUI 9, Pie update. This is all Huawei and Honor phone that are on EMUI 9.

Quote from the update notes: "To create a more secure and stable operating system, third-party launchers cannot be used after this update."

And I suspect it includes third-party icon packs as well. And you can only use the approved curated ones that come from the stock Themes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FYI, Huawei has disabled third-party launchers with their EMUI 9, Pie update. This is all Huawei and Honor phone that are on EMUI 9.

Quote from the update notes: 'To create a more secure and stable operating system, third-party launchers cannot be used after this update.'

And I suspect it includes third-party icon packs as well. And you can only use the approved curated ones that come from the stock Themes.

Well, that's not nice. I wanted to Update my EMUI too, but I rather be on 8.1 and enjoy my root and SU expiriences.

Also, is it patched to Download unsigned Apps? does APK/XAPK's work with EMUI 9.0?

Sincerly

Upvote 0
Well, that's not nice. I wanted to Update my EMUI too, but I rather be on 8.1 and enjoy my root and SU expiriences.

Also, is it patched to Download unsigned Apps? does APK/XAPK's work with EMUI 9.0?

Sincerly

You can still sideload and install any APKs, no restrictions there. But the options to change launcher have been removed or disabled in EMUI 9.

Recent Oppo(Color OS) and Vivo(Funtouch OS) phones are the same, they can't use third-party launchers either.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

Quote from the update notes: "To create a more secure and stable operating system, third-party launchers cannot be used after this update."

If I'm not mistaken, this applies only to Huawei phones for Chinese market. I have P20 Pro (international version, not rooted) with EMUI 9.0.0.195, and I've installed Nova launcher and set it as default without any problems.

Best regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones