• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOS like parental controls?

I switched from apple to android a few months back and love it. My teenage son decided he wants to switch too so I'm hooking him up with an S5 for his birthday. The one thing that seemed a lot easier with apple was sharing our app purchases between devices and parental controls. I've searched and can't seem to find much info on restricting stuff in android. I'd like to be the admin of his phone and just set him up as a user. Any help? I figure corporate users of android must have some sort of similar setup where apps get pushed to them as needed and users are limited to changes they can make. How do they do it?

Go into settings/accounts/Google, all the associated accounts are listed. You can select them one by one and decide which services should be sync'd. I have 2, both sync Gmail but only 1 syncs practically everything else.
My sister has an account for her kids, on their devices it has all their games but on hers it sync's nothing. They have nothing of hers.

Upvote 0
Go into settings/accounts/Google, all the associated accounts are listed. You can select them one by one and decide which services should be sync'd. I have 2, both sync Gmail but only 1 syncs practically everything else.
My sister has an account for her kids, on their devices it has all their games but on hers it sync's nothing. They have nothing of hers.

I know what you are describing as I have 2 google accounts on mine but I see no way of preventing my kid from just checking whatever services he wants to sync from my account once it's on his phone. I may set it up with just play but he can then turn on keep, mail, whatever at will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones