1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

iOS to Android back to iOS?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JE78, May 31, 2011.

1. JE78

JE78 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    Rochester, NY
    I just got a txt message from VZW saying I was eligible for a early upgrade. I had the iPhone 3G, like it alot, then switched to the HTC Inc, and then to a Samsung Fascinate. I really like Android but the last few months its been giving me a headache, I have pretty much had to kill all my widgets, syncing, GPS and other goodies so my battery would last though the day, i've switched out phones and battery's but still can't get my battery life to be acceptable, most nights i'm less than 10% before 6pm and I take it off the charger at 7:30am. This has been a issue for me with Android since I made the switch and even more so since the 2.2 upgrade was pushed to my SF. I have random restarts, the phone will lockup, the screen won't time out, and just a bunch of other problems that are starting to make me think about going back to iPhone. While I'm not a big Apple fan the iOS was pretty stable.

Just wondering if anyone was or is in the same boat as me.

Advertisement

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I will never have an iPhone again. I had the 2g and the 3GS before I switched to android. If battery life is your big concern I would recommend trying a Moto Droid X with an extended battery. I had one before getting my Nexus S and battery life was great without the extended battery. With the Droid X I never had reboot issues or anything else either. Maybe the X2 would be a good choice?

I have to admit there are things I miss about iOS, but that is why I just ordered my iPad2. I just think when it comes to phones Android is the way to go and for now iOS is the way to go for tablets.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    My father-in-law got an iPhone earlier this year and he has come to me a number of times to help him fix a number of problems with it. I'm not entirely convinced that iOS is any more stable.

4. 1ds

1ds Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    India
    Going back to IOS means wearing handcuffs of steve jobs, IOS in a nutshell is a HellHOle before shifting to android i knew battery will last for a day or less but i've bought 2 more OEM batteries with external Samsung charger i rarely go out of juice!

5. Shaughnessy

Shaughnessy Member
    None

6. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Why does it matter? If you want an iPhone get an iPhone. What anyone else does or doesn't do isn't relevant unless you're just trying to fit in with the crowd.

You need to be far more effective in troubleshooting your battery life with Android. The steps you mentioned are the typical "script" for addressing battery life. You really need to dig into what's using your battery and specifically addressing those items rather than randomly applying "fixes". The latter is a very ineffective approach. If you don't want to deal with it then I'd strongly suggest switching. It's an issue no matter that you have to address no matter which Android device you decide on. Android offers great power and versatility but those things are always a double edged sword and you can easily end up with very poor battery life if you can't properly take advantage of them.

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I would suggest an extended battery. I loathe iOS so my opinion is biased but more than likely most users here have the same biases. I can't last an entire workday without having to charge but I work at a desk so an outlet is always near if I still was out in retail or any job where I could not plug in as needed I would have an extended battery. Shoot I would carry around a phone the size of a cinder block running android before being caught with an iPhone.