• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IOS to Android migration

Hi all,

I'm on IOS at the moment, but I have a new Nokia 9 Pureview arriving next week. This runs 'Android one' apparently.
I did have a Galaxy Note once, and Samsung included 'smart switch' and a connector, which was great to transfer data across.

This doesn't seem to have a connector included with it. I was just wondering what the best way to migrate my photos, messages, notes, etc across from the iPhone to the new phone?

James.

Most manufacturers provide their own migration apps these days for doing it across WiFi. So it's quite possible it will come with something like that. I've no experience of migrating from an iPhone though, so can't comment on any specifics.

Otherwise photos should be easy: I'd personally copy them to a computer and then back to the new phone (or its SD card), but if you have a cloud service that's available on both (so not an Apple one) that could be used too. Messages and Notes will however be in iOS-specific apps so if the phone doesn't have a transfer app I don't know enough about those to advise.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones