1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

iOS to Android...Please Help Me Decide...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by akelly_79, Oct 21, 2014.

1. akelly_79

akelly_79 Lurker

Hello,

I have decided after 7 years as a faithful iOS user to ditch Apple for Android, and I need some help deciding on what phone to get... There are so many different devices to choose from, and I really want to be happy with my purchase.

Here is what my 'dream' android phone would consist of..

BUDGET: $399.

* Needs to be able to run Lollipop

* I need a phone that will get me through the day.. I am a heavy user, always on my phone. I don't play games, but I do a lot of web surfing, email, and use other utility apps. My usual day is around 18 hours from the time I get up to the time I go to bed.

* The screen size of the Note 4 is too big for me... the GS5 is more of the right fit for my hand, so something under 5.5 inches would be a good fit.

* Yes, I will probably be rooting my phone. Warranty is not an issue, as I plan to get a square trade warranty.

* I would like as much of a stock android experience as possible

*32GB is acceptable, but 64GB would be ideal

*Preferably a 20MP camera with OIS for taking great pictures and video

* I cannot afford to switch to verizon... I am currently on AT&T and am comfortable with my $120 monthly bill for 2 lines with 10GB shared data.

* The DROID Turbo looks amazing, but again, I am not in a position to switch to Verizon. I have heard rumors of the Moto X Play being

PLEASE NOTE: I do not have a problem if I need to wait for an upcoming phone to be released...I would prefer not to have to wait past April 1, 2015 to buy it though.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am looking forward to purchasing my first Android device!

Thank you,

Andrew

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

The Nexus 5 or Moto X probably are about as close to your requirements as your budget will allow, at least for a new unit. Nothing around $400 meets all your criteria.

Curious... Why do you plan to root the phone?

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Hi akelly_79, welcome to the site!
    I moved your thread to the Device Comparisons forum :)

I would also say the Nexus 5 and Moto X Crashdamage recommended.