• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vinothjoseph

Lurker
Jul 6, 2016
Hi, I'm looking for an application with the facility to input multiple IP address in a text pad, and the phone should connect to the net only if the current IP address is matching with any of the listed ip address from the text pad. If it is not matching show a popup and switch off WiFi.

Welcome to Android Forums.

I do something similar with Tasker. If the device is not within range of my WiFi networks it turns WiFi off.
(Another profile turns WiFi on when my networks are within range.)

The Tasker profile (with SSIDs tweaked) is ...

Profile: tlaOfficeFar
State: Not Wifi Connected [ SSID:xxxx-2.4GHz/xxxx-5GHz MAC:* IP:* ]
Enter: tlaOfficeFarEnter
A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A2: Variable Split [ Name:%WIFII Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
A3: Perform Task [ Name:tlaWiFiOff Priority:5 Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ] If [ %WIFII2 !~ CONNECTION ]

... Thom

Reactions: steve
Upvote 0
Have you ever taken a look at this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.pryfi

It has a few different modes... one allows you to add networks you know. I have not tested for a while but it is a unique app and provides some cool techniques for privacy. It does require root, so it may or may not be an option for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones