1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

IP webcam issue...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hamzahq720, Dec 21, 2012.

1. hamzahq720

hamzahq720 Lurker

Hay guys. I am using IP WEBCAM app on my sony xperia u (Gingerbread). I need some help about streaming my videos on some other netwrok. The app says that i have to use port forwarding but i dont know anything about it. So a little help will be great
    thanks...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonathan_67

jonathan_67 Lurker

Hi There, I have set up a couple of IP cams and been through this process. I don't claim to fully understand the nitty-gritty, but I did get the port forwarding and camera feed working okay.

The port forwarding should be controlled through your router I think. You'll need to log in to your router in order to set this up. Once logged in there is a "Port Forwarding" option under NAT settings on my router. You will need to identify the local IP of the camera device (the camera came with software to trace this). Then set up an unused port as both the "Public" and the "Private" port.

So let's say your cam is in IP 192.168.0.18 and you set the public and private port to 99.

Now if you use a dynamic DNS service e.g. dyndns.com (the free account is fine to get this going), then you can map a domain such as xyzcam.dyndns-home.com to point to your local host, and then access the cam remotely by using the url

httP://xyzcam.dyndns-home.com:99

This worked okay for me.

You'll need to configure whichever android app you are using to access the cameras with the URL and the login information for the IP camera itself. I think on most apps there is a separate field for the port, so you will separate out the first part of the URL (http://xyzcam.dyndns-home.com in my example) from the port number that goes in the separate field.

I hope that is of some help.

Jonathan

hamzahq720 likes this.